Monday, June 26, 2017

June 26, 2017 "Me quiero bautizar"

¡Hola mi Familia y mis amigos!
     This week went by so fast. I cannot believe that it is Monday already. This week was filled with lots of fun and miracles! I am proud to announce that I have finally seen a firefly in real life. My life has been changed.
   

 I am going to miss them so much.
 I am incredibly grateful for everything they've done for me. 
They are some of my biggest role models. 

We had our last Zone Conference with President and Sister Forbes last week! It was a great one with lots of learning. Hermana Hughes and I got to give a training, so that was fun. President and Sister Forbes will be heading home this Friday. It was really sad saying goodbye, because they've both helped me so much on my mission.  But I am excited to meet our new mission President and his wife, the Barney's, this Saturday. It's always good for change!

the Rochester Zone! 
Back: Elder Yang, Elder Blackburn, Elder Loveland, Elder Edwards, Elder Hutchins, Elder Gabrielsen, Elder Fergusen, Elder Barrett
Middle: Me, Hermana Hughes, Sister Luk,  Sister Winters, Sister Blazzard, Sister Calchera, Sister Larsen, Sister Andersen
Front: Elder and Sister Bearss, President and Sister Forbes, Elder and Sister Merrfield

   

Sister Andersen

We went on our first exchange of the transfer with Sister Andersen and Sister Larsen. I went with Sister Andersen to her area and I learned so much from her. At one point during the exchange, we were just walking down a street knocking doors and we saw a cool yellow corvette stopped on the side of the rode. We ended talking to this guy named Terry (who was in the yellow corvette) and he was so nice! He was super excited to hear about the Book of Mormon and couldn't wait for the sisters to come over to teach him more.  After talking to Terry, we also talked to another lady named Judy. It was s pretty simple conversation and we testified of how much God loved her. She started crying, said thank you, and shut the door. I don't know why she started crying, but I am grateful for little opportunities that god uses us to let his children know they're loved! We also got to teach an investigator named Lupe and apparently her parents have visited with us Spanish sisters before. So that was a cool connection.
   

Hno José Castillo!
He was baptized a year ago yesterday and 
loves this gospel so much!

We were able to teach Jesus some more this week. When we first got to his house, the first thing he told us was that he didn't want to come to church anymore. He couldn't really give us any super solid reasons why other than he didn't want to. But we were able to read some scriptures with him and (through the spirit) helped change his mind! Which is a miracle, because at the end of church yesterday Jesus was SO happy. He was just grinning ear to ear. He walked up to us and said "Me quiero bautizar." He had a great experience at church and learned that he could eventually be baptized for a friend who already passed away but wasn't ever baptized. He is now super excited to be baptized. He needs to make some lifestyle changes before he can be baptized, but we are going to continue to work with him so he can meet this goal of his! It was really cool to see the transformation that happened in him in just a day. We are so excited for him!
 

Just a picture of me casually walking down the road
 (I photo bombed a picture Hna Hughes was taking) 


   I have been thinking a lot about our duty to God. Without Him and Jesus Christ we really are nothing nor would we have much purpose to our life. In Zone Conference, Sister Forbes shared a scripture with us that I absolutely loved. It's in Mosiah 2:21 and it says:
"I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another--I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants."
How lucky are we to have an all knowing and all loving Father in Heaven who is watching over us everyday. Also, how lucky are that God provided us with a Savior so that we would be able to repent, be happy, and have eternal happiness. I know that it is through obedience that we can find that real happiness. To end I would like to share a quote from C. Scott Grow: "As we strive to become like God's He can make us more than we could ever make ourselves." I know that's true!
      I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all tons. Remember that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you all SO MUCH more.

Con Amor,
Hermana Duvall

Hermana Duvall
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
Sister Calchera, Ashik, Hermana Hughes, and Atong!
Atong is a member of our ward here and she's from South Sudan.
Ashik is her friend. We showed up early to this lesson
(before Atong) and we weren't able to communicate
with Ashik very well,because she doesn't speak a lot of English.
 But we were able to sing songs for her and bring the spirit that way. 


Bob! We volunteer at Salvation Army every week.
He's the head chef.



No comments:

Post a Comment