Monday, June 5, 2017

June 5, 2017 B.A.T.= Begin Again Today

¡Hola mi Familia y mis amigos!
      Ojalá que hayan tenido una buena semana :) this was a really great week for me. I still love being a missionary! I cannot believe that I hit my year mark last week. Time really has just flown by, it's crazy.
   

Sister Benson, Sister Miller, me, Hermana Davis.

  This week we "blitzed" our area with our STLs. This means that instead of doing an exchange where a person in each companionship switches places with another and goes to another area, they both came here and stayed in our area! It was really awesome and filled with little miracles. I was with Sister Benson and we went up to Lonsdale for the day. It was cool, because a while back Sister Benson met a lady in a gas station in Lonsdale who gave us her her number but not address, saying that she would love to have missionaries stop by. We said a prayer that we would be able to find this lady, and after knocking only two doors we found her house!! Miracle. Prayers are answered.
      Candelario!! I cannot remember if I have written about him before. We are teaching so many people right now, but Candelario is one of our most progressing investors. A couple of weeks ago, we were knocking an apartment building. Candelario walked passed us up the stairs. We stopped him and asked him a simple question: Do you know what happens after this life? And he replied: no, who knows? WE DOO!! So ended up setting an appointment for another day and then  we taught him about the Plan of Salvation. He looooved it so much. It was funny because we asked him to say the closing prayer to the lesson and to ask if the Plan was God's plan. However, he decided to just say the prayer in his head. Once Hermana Davis and I realized what he was doing, we did the same until we could tell that he was done praying haha. Yesterday, we taught him about the Restoration and he LOVES Joesph Smith's First Vision and completely believes that it happened. He loved how Joseph Smith said that he saw a light brigher than the sun. Candelario has had some experiences that he could relate to that of Joseph Smith. He expressed to us that he knows it wasn't a coincidence that we stopped and talked to him a couple of weeks ago. He wants to be baptized eventually, but wants to make sure he is ready. Which is exactly what we will help him to do!
   

Chalking at the Baseball park!
An investigator took the picture of us. 

Now that the weather is starting to be a little more consistently nice, we have been chalking some more!! We decided to go chalking at a Baseball park where there were various baseball games going on. During the hour and a half that we were there, we ended up seeing two of our investigators that we hadn't seen in a while!! Both of them told us that it wasn't a coincidence that they ran into us there. I love when we know that we really are in the right place at the right time.
 

 It spells out LOVE. 

     We also had Stake Conference this weekend and it was so good! It was so much fun being in the Lakeville Chapel, because I got to see a lot of the members that are in the Spanish Branch I served in my first area of my mission. I had the wonderfully, super stressful opportunity to translate two talks. I forgot how hard it was until I started speaking haha. I also ran into someone from Temecula! My sister Emily's friend, McKenna! It's always a special treat when you see someone from home :) Due to the fact that we got to the Saturday Adult meeting of stake conference a little early, we went and did some work with the Lakeville Hermanas. that was fun too.
   
  There were so many great talks given at Stake conference. Elder David C. Scott of the 70 came, and I especially loved what he spoke about.  He talked about how we need to develop unshakable faith. Life is obviously hard, we are meant to be tried and tested. But as we are constantly strengthening our faith in the Savior, life will be more joyful and a little easier. He also used a little saying "B.A.T" which stands for "Begin Again Today". If you feel like you're faltering in your faith and trust in God, you don't have to procrastinate the day that you can feel happiness. Through our Savior Jesus Christ you can feel that happiness TODAY! I love Jesus Christ. I know he is the Savior of the World. I know that He is the reason why I can find happiness and still have hope, even in the darkest of times.
      I hope you all have a wonderfull week; love you all! More importantly, Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, love you all SO MUCH MORE!!
con amor,
Hermana Duvall

I (Momma Duvall) received this picture and message on Sunday morning.  it made my day!!!
"Hey Emily & Sharon! This is McKenna (Lawler) Guess who I just ran into at Stake Conference!!!"
"McKenna, Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!😘❤!😁This just made my day! Thank you! Give her a big giant hug from her momma if you are still near her!!!🙏😇"McKenna: "Isn't that crazy?? I walked into the chapel and as soon as I saw her I said, that's Jenny!! I couldn't believe it! I absolutely will give her a big hug from you both and tell her you love her. She has such a light and confidence about her, only talking with her for a few minutes I can tell she's an amazing missionary who loves the work- truly. Minnesota is so lucky to have her!"



 excuse all of the ugliness in this picture but I just love it haha. 

Just another picture with some of our
favorite people! I love La Familia Espinal.
I am so grateful for them. Especially crazy little Abiu. 



all of us missionaries with the Brother and Sister Kasper. 



Hermana Davis made me breakfast to celebrate 1 year
on my mission. So sweet! I am a creature of habit
and I literally eat the same thing
for breakfast every morning. 

shout out to my girl, Cals.


Lakeville Hermanas, Dean and Bryson.
We have way too much fun together.






No comments:

Post a Comment