Monday, June 12, 2017

June 6, 2017 goodbye Faribault, hello Rochester!

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

LOTS OF FLOWERS!!!

       This has been a really great week to be a missionary. I really do love being a missionary it's the best. So we got news about transfers today and I am going to be serving in Rochester as an STL! I am so excited because this is where my Grandma Duvall was born and where my Grandpa Duvall was serving when he met my grandma!! Hermana Hughes is going to be my new companion and I am so excited to get to serve with her. I served around her in St. Paul a couple transfers ago, so it'll be a sweet reunion.  Another crazy thing that is happening with transfers is that Hermana Davis is also leaving Faribault, and our area is going to be whitewashed by two different Hermanas.  I am so grateful for the last 4 1/2 months that I've been able to serve in the Faribault ward.
   

 Donnahue's greenhouse and lots of pretty flowers. 

  We had some amazing lessons this week and we were able to work a lot more with the members in our ward!! One amazing miracle that happened was that our investigator Major Bell finally made it to church!!! He has been super sick for the last month or so. We had a lesson with him this last week and brother Taylor came with us. It was perfect that Bro. Taylor came, because he was able to help Major with some of his questions. Major promised us that day that he would come to church! He kept his promise, woooo! So, he said that he really wants to continue to learn and eventually be baptized! We also had an amazing lesson with a lady named Liz! Sister Reher came with us and it was also super perfect. She was able to address very specific concerns that Liz has had for a while. Liz told us that we were the very first missionaries that she has ever let in. She said she didn't know what had changed, just that she wanted to listen to us. So, she is now excited to continue taking the missionary discussions. Another person that we have been teaching is

Hermana Davis casually flipping her hair like such a model

Candelario. It's still the same with him. He wants to be baptized, but wants to make sure that he learns everything he needs to before. We have been teaching SO many amazing people who are so prepared to listen and receive the gospel into their lives!!! I am excited for the other Hermanas to continue to teach them, and hopefully I will be able to travel up for some possible future baptisms.
 
 

THE KOTAS FAMILY
 + all of the missionaries who have been on this journey with them!
 Brother Kotas was baptized a year ago,
and this last weekend him, his wife nikki,
and their 4 kids were able to be sealed!!!!

   Some exciting news: The Kotas Family got sealed in the temple this week! Hermana Davis and I changed our Pday so that we would be able to go. It was seriously such an amazing day! We were able to attend an endowment session beforehand, so that was special. But the sealing was so incredible. When they brought their four little kids into the Sealing Room all dressed in white, it was so precious. All of the kids were so quiet and reverent throughout the whole thing (which is not super common for those crazy energetic kids haha). The spirit was SO strong and I am so grateful that I was able to attend my first sealing :) Being there confirmed to me how special a temple marriage is and how important it is! It was awesome, because so many other missionaries were able to attend the Kotas's sealing as well. It was cool to see the impact and wonderful change that the gospel can do for so many lives.
         Something that I have been thinking about a lot recently, is the purpose of life. Our purpose is have joy and to learn, grow, become worthy to enter into the presence of God on day. Sometimes it gets really hard to live in this world of so many distractions and disillusions, where so many people serve for personal gain rather than to simply help each other. There's a scripture in Luke 6:23 that says, "Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven." Heaven is the ultimate goal. I know that having a more eternal perspective has helped me a lot in my life. As long as I am glorifying my Father in Heaven and following Jesus Christ, I know my life will be filled with happiness and I will always be able to leap for joy. I know that through Jesus Christ we WILL be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father again with our own families FOREVER. How joyous that will be!!
         I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all! But more importantly, Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, love you all SO MUCH MORE!!

con amor,
Hermana Duvall

This is Bethwell (or Karosi)!
We met him as we were walking around an apartment complex.
He is from Kenya and was SO excited to hear about the Book of Mormon.



 I LOVE HERMANA DAVIS SO MUCH.
She has become one of my "closest" friends :)



Sister Walkner!!!
We took some time to plant her flowers for her last week.
I enjoy gardening, but it was SO hot and humid!



We went on a run the other day to this tin man.
 We have been wanting to take a picture by it for a while now,
so we thought we mind as well workout on the way there?

Lakeville missionaries reunite! 


HERMANO SALDANA!!
He is a member from my first area in the Lakeville Spanish Branch.
Ran into him at the temple because he was picking some elders up!
It was so fun to catch up with him.


Julian was sleeping,so we gathered around him
 and took a nice family picture.
 I am going to miss the Kotas's so much. LOVE THEM






      Pie in the face videos!



No comments:

Post a Comment