Monday, June 19, 2017

June 19, 2017 Goodbye Faribault!

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Hermana Davis and I with President Forbes.
Onr of our last pictures with himbefore he goes home in a couple of weeks! 


I hope you all had a wonderful week, because I sure did! My last couple of days in Faribault, we just went around saying goodbye to a lot of people. It's crazy how quickly you can come to love people, only knowing them for a short period of time. It was sad leaving some of our investigators like Major, Valencia, and Candelario. We were able to invite Valencia to be baptized and she thought of her own date. Candelario talked to his boss and got work off, so he could come to church. Major promised that he's still going to church every Sunday now that his health is better. I know the Lord will continue to lead and guide them through this path that they are on.
 

Le quiero a la hermana Hughes 

So it's been different being in a different area, after being in an area for 4 1/2 months! But I love it here so much already. It's the best. I love Hermana Hughes! She will be going home at the end of this transfer, so we are giving it our all and working really hard! One of my favorite parts of being here is that my Grandpa served here 70 years ago,and I keep think that I could be where he walked. So that's been cool. We have been teaching a lot more in Spanish here than I did in my last area and it's been so fun. I am serving in the Rochester 3rd ward and basically like half of the ward is full of doctors or people who work at the Mayo Clinic. So if I end up getting sick, I will be very well taken care of. The ward is called a magnet ward, so it's English and Spanish.  Sometimes the Hispanics have a hard time saying my last name, so I have been called hermana duvalin and hermana dulce haha. We are teaching a lot of Hispanic families right now that have a lot of potential.   We have a couple Investigators also speak English that I have been able to meet and teach and they're all awesome.
      One of our investigators, Jesus, came to church on Sunday! The Hermanas met him last Saturday (before I got here) and he went to a different ward the next Sunday. But we had an awesome lesson with him this last week about faith and repentance. He has a strong desire to stop smoking and change his life around! He was able to come to our ward yesterday because he wanted to be around more Hispanics! He really enjoyed it. We are going to continue to work with him and teach him some more. We are excited about him.
       I really love being a missionary! One thing that I have been thinking about a lot recently is faith and putting full trust in God. There's a new Mormon message that is about not having fear but to have faith. In this message it has a line that I just love. It goes something along the lines of "Although my future is unknown, I do know my father!" In Psalms 56:4,11 it says, "In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me." I know that God has a perfect plan for every single one of us. All we need to do is have faith and trust that everything is going to work out, even if we don't understand. I am so grateful for my loving Heavenly Father and my earthly Father (Happy Father's Day btw to the best daddy out there. Love you tons), and for all of the guidance I have received. I love that we can pray and ask of God for advice as to what we should do in our lives.
   I hope you all have a wonderful week! Remember to trust in God and remember that God and his son Jesus Christ love you all so much!
Con amor,
Hermana Duvall

Bro Pietsch



Los Espinal


The Curry's  

Sister Reineke


The Hunter's 


Nylaya Hunter. She always told us that
we were her best friends haha

Valencia! She had her baby last week

Sister Oelkers

 Candelario. I'm going to miss teaching him!



The Wilson Family


The Pages


The Taylor's


The Taylor's


Donna Cashin


Hermana Davis and I have been meaning to stop and
take a picture in this field for the past three months, and we finally did on our last day in Faribault!


"YOU BETCHA" and I've definitely gotten into a funny habit
of saying Oh yeah too haha


Video- Abiu and I did this dance this time every time we said goodbye. Going to miss my little Abiu. He's the best

No comments:

Post a Comment