Tuesday, July 4, 2017

July 4, 2017 Happy 4th of July!!



¡Hola mi Familia y mis amigos!
    Happy 4th of July! My Pday got switched to today so that we would be able to participate in some of the 4th of July festivities. I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July. I am proud to be in the country and so very grateful for the religious freedom that we have here.
MLC and the awesome members of the Spanish ward in
Minneapolis! It was fun to reconnect with the members I
served around when I was here in Minneapolis
    This was a really great week for me. Super busy with lots of meetings, but really amazing with little miracles all around. We got to meet our new mission President and his wife, President and Sister Barney, on Saturday. The second that President Barney started speaking to us, I felt the spirit testified to me that he really has been called of god to lead this mission. We also had MLC (missionary Leadership council) yesterday with him and being there made me so excited to have him as our new mission President. I learned so much yesterday about MLC, but other thing that I loved the most was a training that the Area of the 70, elder Stacey, gave. He talked about the importance of the spirit in the conversion process. God doesn't want us to trust a random man, he wants us to ask him and through the spirit He will let us know the truth of all things.
      Jesus is doing pretty good. It looks like it is going to take a little longer for him to be able to be baptized. He struggles with the word of wisdom, but he really has a desire to quite and follow God's commandments. We had a really great lesson with him about the Word of Wisdom this week. He is going to pray about a date that he feels like he can stop stopping by. Jesus has a lot of faith in God and really wants to do what is right. I know that as he continues praying and asking God for guidance, he will be lead in the right direction.
      We had a really amazing lesson with an investigator names Debora and her two daughters, Mia and Camilla. We taught them about the Plan of Salvation. It was amazing to hear the questions that the two little girls had. Teaching children reminds me time and time again how simple the gospel is.
Sister Calchera and I on exchanges.
      We got to go on an exchange with the Lacrosse Sisters. They needed up coming to our area the same day that we met our mission President to save miles. I was with Sister Calchera, who is one of my favorite people ever.  At the end of the exchange I realized that we didn't have much "success" in teaching a lot of lessons to a bunch of people. We made several good contacts with people and found a really cool referral for the English missionaries.  Even though a lot of our plans fell through, at the end of the day I felt so happy and accomplished, knowing that I gave my all. I've realized that one of the most important things is being happy, working hard, and showing God that I am here to serve Him. I am grateful for this exchange that taught me that success isn't based on number of lessons taught, but it is based off of the diligence we give as we serve the Lord. Being happy and serving those around me has helped me come closer to the savior.

     In the October 2001 General Conference, President Thomas S. Monson said :
“Let us ask ourselves the questions: ‘Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need?’ [Hymns, no. 223]. What a formula for happiness! What a prescription for contentment, for inner peace--to have inspired gratitude in another human being.
Our opportunities to give of ourselves are indeed limitless, but they are also perishable. There are hearts to gladden. There are kind words to say. There are gifts to be given. There are deeds to be done. There are souls to be saved”
I love this quote from the Prophet! I know that it's true. I know that we can all find pure happiness as we strive to serve others and serve god through our actions, thoughts, and desires. I am so grateful for all of you. I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Love you! But more importantly, Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, love you all so much!
Con amor,

Hermana Duvall
Sister Tainia Rhiger made us some homemade sushi.
Best. Gift. Ever.
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
Hermana Hughes!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE SUSHI ITS THE BEST

PANNEKOEKEN. Last Pday we tried this delicious
food and got a mini medical tour of mayo.
We went chalking and met some great people as we did it! I love helping people remember that they are sons and daughters of god!


Chris Bacon!!!! This woman right here is such an inspiration.
She is my Aunt Vickies friend from Utah and we got to visit her
as shes receiving radiation treatment at Mayo. Sister Bacon has
so much faith and love for god
Mona!!! We visit her every week eat some cookies with her and
sometimes color
The fredericks Family!!! 5 boys and 1 girl reminds me of my crazy family
Hermana Zempoaltecatl from the Minneapolis Spanish ward!! Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment