Monday, July 17, 2017

July 17, 2017 "Why do round peaches come in square boxes?"

July 17, 2017
¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!
 

When you're in Rochester, of course you have to make an
appearance at Mayo Clinic. Hermana Hughes grabbed us these
super fashionable masks on our way out.

   I hope you all had such a great week! It's still real hot and humid over here in Minnesota and miracles are still happening. Hermana Hughes will be going home next week, so we are enjoying every last minute that we have together! I'll miss that girl lots.
 




Shadow selfie :)















Los Lopez went to Greece and they brought us
back these awesome key chains



















 "We were kind of matching, so of course we had to take a picture."
Hermana Duvall and Hermana Hughes



Sister Luk!! We had such a fun time together on our exchange.
She taught me how to say a few things in cantonese but sadly
 I cannot remember and all of the voice fluctuations are too hard haha.
I'll stick with Spanish.

We had exchanges this week with Sister Luk and Sister Winters! Sister Luk came with me to our area and it was so fun. Sister Luk is from Hong Kong and is learning English. I look up to her so much because even though she doesn't know how to say things perfectly, she is never scared to speak. Teaching with her, I learned that the spirit is really who teaches and we are just instruments. It was a good lesson for me to learn again haha. I really need that reminder.
       This week we had so many lessons cancel on us hahah but of course it ended up being for a reason. We ended up finding a bunch of new investigators to teach. We were able to teach people in the most random places such as the Library. I love seeing all of the little miracles that god puts in our path so that His will ends up happening perfectly.

Los Hermosillo!!!! Love them tons

       I'm not sure if I have mentioned Karl in previous letters, but we have been teaching him for a while! He met with missionaries at the beginning of this year and then stopped. But the very first day I got tot Rochester we got a call from Karl and he wanted to start meeting with us again. This week we an awesome lesson with him about repentance. At the end he realized that he hasn't been trying his best to include repentance in his prayers. He also came to church yesterday and really enjoyed it!
      Jesus!!! SO HE'S DOING SO GREAT!!!! We met with him two times last week. At the end of the first lesson we had with him this week, he said a prayer and in it he promised that he wouldn't smoke anymore. Then on Saturday he told us that he hadn't smoked for two whole
days!!! We had a super great lesson with him where we read the scriptures and each thought of a question. At the end, Jesus told us his question "why do round peaches come in square boxes?" Hahaha. He was just joking and had a serious question about Christ though. He also was able to go to church but he went to the YSA branch with a member that came to a lesson with us! We may end up having to pass Jesus off to the Elders over YSA, but we are going to figure that out this week. It's been amazing to teach Jesus and see his love for the savior just grow stronger and stronger. He really is changing is life to be closer to the Savior. It's so awesome!
    I was studying and I found this amazing quote by President Gordon B. Hinckley about happiness. It says,     "Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people. Cultivate a spirit of forgiveness in your heart against any who might have offended you. Look to the Lord and live and work to lift and serve His sons and daughters. You will come to know a happiness that you have never known before if you will do that. I do not care how old you are, how young you are, whatever. You can lift people and help them. Heaven knows there are so very, very, very many people in this world who need help. Oh, so very, very many. Let’s get the cankering, selfish attitude out of our lives, my brothers and sisters, and stand a little taller and reach a little higher in the service of others. … Stand taller, stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms of those that hang down. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ. Forget yourself."
I know that real happiness comes when we are living the gospel of Jesus Christ and really following His example. We can do so in soooo many ways. I've seen this time and time again, when I forget about myself and do the Lord's work, I am just so much happier. I love this gospel
and I know it brings happiness!

Have a great happy week!! God and Jesus Christ love you all so much. I do too!
Con MUCHO amor,
Hermana Duvall
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission

We thought it would be fun to take a video of us saying
Doctrine & Covenants 4 in Spanish and Cantonese.

No comments:

Post a Comment