Monday, July 24, 2017

July 24, 2017 "you just gotta accept Jesus Christ"

July 24, 2017
Hola mi familia y mis amigos!
 
   

love hermana highest! 

  This was a great week filled with really hot/humid weather and really curly, frizzy hair. Hermana Hughes is going home this week. It is very bittersweet but I will see her at BYU. I will be staying here in Rochester for this next transfer. I am really happy because I am going to be companions with Hermana Anderson!!! She was my companion in the MTC and we haven't been able to serve as companions since then. It's going to be fun, because we both actually know spanish now haha. I am super excited about that!



we found food trucks in Downtown Rochester and
only had to pay 3 bucks for a whole meal. Boom baby

     

Jesus look at the light in his eyes

 Jesus is doing SOO GREAT!! He was able to come to church and he hasn't smoked for a whole week. He says that whenever it is gets hard for him, he says a prayer for God to help him to have the strength to not fall into temptation. The difference that I see in Jesus and his testimony of the Savior now, is so drastically huge from when we first started meeting with him. His understanding of the scriptures has increased and the light in his eyes has become so much brighter. He is progressing, is super happy, and is excited to be going to the YSA ward/activites. At the end of the last lesson that we had with him, we were just talking about how much he has progressed. His response to us was "You just gotta accept Jesus Christ, keep the commandments, be humble...that's it." hahaha. Best response ever! I know that Jesus not only has accepted Jesus Christ, but he is making some of the greatest decisions to become closer to Him and more like Him.

     

Carl!

We are teaching various people who are all progressing at there own rates. One of them being Karl. He is really happy that we have helped him understand more about repentance and has been applying daily repentance more into his life. He really has a desire to become closer to the Savior, and I know that he is on the correct path that is going to help him to that.
 
       This week I have come to really recognize, once again, how much I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. One of my favorite scriptures in Mosiah 24:14-15 kept coming to my mind this last week. It says:
 "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord."

Alexa! Super great and super fun.
She made us great tacos the other night. 

I know that through Jesus Christ we can receive LIGHT in our life. I know that He brings light into the lives of those who turn to Him. I know that because he sacrificed His life for us, our burdens can be made light!

I love you all and I hope you have a great week! God and Jesus Christ love you too!

con amor,
Hermana Duvall






Mona. We love coloring with her
and all of her great stories!


Chinese Buffet with the Zone!

Postzone soccer game







No comments:

Post a Comment