Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8, 2017 Be Believing and Be Happy!

 ¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos! 
   

You know you're missionaries when you use a
Book of Mormon to prop up your ipad to take a picture

 This was another great week for me, and I hope you all had a wonderful week too! It was so weird not actually going up to transfers because that was the first time I haven't really participated in a transfer. It was quite nice actually :) Hermana Davis and I are happy to still be able to work together and we are hoping for many more miracles this transfer! 

   

The plan of salvation that
Hermana Davis and I chalked at a park 

 We had the opportunity to go chalking this week! "chalking" means that we go somewhere like a park or sidewalk and you chalk out the Plan of Salvation or some cool, inspirational quotes. So, Hermana Davis and I found a park to chalk the Plan of Salvation! We ended up being about to teach a girl named Emily about the Plan of Salvation. It was a really cool experience to talk about God's plan with her, because she hadn't really thought about God as a our loving Heavenly Father. I love teaching people about the Plan of Salvation. We also had a cool experience as we were visiting a couple of less-active members! Their friend, Gale walked in the room as we were visiting them, and he asked right away what we believe what happens after this life. He listened intently as we explained the Spirit world all the way to the three kingdoms of glory, and he just soaked it all it. He said, "well, that makes more sense then just laying in dirt." Yes, yes it does haha. But, we are hopefully going to be meeting with him this week to teach him more!! 


Holly Phillips! I forgot to mention her in my letter.
As we were knocking on some doors,
we noticed holly walking around.
So we decided to go talk to her.
She right away asked us, "are you missionaries?"
And when then explained that she's LDS too!
She doesn't live in our area but works there during the week.
We are happy because we found someone
who wants to go out teaching with us :) 

We've been having a lot of cool lessons and finding a lot of new investigators, which is something that was a struggle in this area for a while. We have been trying to find more opportunities to serve people everywhere we go. Although some people may think it's weird that two girls in dresses are offering to help them with yard work or cleaning, it has opened a lot of doors to sharing a message of the gospel. 

This is Walt! He was in the Korean War
and has a lot of faith in prayer and God.
It was fun getting to know him and all his stories.

We met a guy named Walt this week through offering help, and he was so nice! We had a wonderful discussion with him about following Christ's gospel and how that helps us in our lives. He shared a lot of his experiences that he had while he was in the Korean War. I know God helps us through all the hard times and the good times as well. I love being able to try to walk in the path of Jesus Christ every day. Although, we are rejected sometimes, that's still what Christ went through too! 
   
  This week, one thing that I noticed is just how happy I was in all things. I noticed as I was pulling weeds out of a less active member's yard (and I was wearing a dress) that I did it with a smile on my face. Everyday, I feel like I was just so much happier and I've realized how much I love smiling. I found myself repeating a quote that President Gordon B. Hinckley used to say: "Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out!" I know that as we have faith, trust in God, and follow what He has asked us to, that we are simply so much happier. I was reading in the Gordon B. Hinckley's Book and there's a quote that I just love. He says, 
"Never forget who you are. … You are in very deed a child of God. … He is your Eternal Father. He loves you. … He wants His sons and daughters to be happy. Sin never was happiness. Transgression never was happiness. Disobedience never was happiness. The way of happiness is found in the plan of our Father in Heaven and in obedience to the commandments of His Beloved Son, the Lord Jesus Christ."

Trying to take cute pictures with the
cute spring blossoms!
The spring is soooo pretty here! 

As we look forward with steadfastness, knowing that we are all sons and daughters of God, things are just so much easier and happier. This life, we are meant to have REAL joy not worldly, temporary joy. I know that through following Jesus Christ's example and relying on Him in all times, we can find that real joy everyday of our lives!! I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be able to help others discover this joy in their lives!
I hope you all have a wonderful week, love you all! But, don't forget that Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, love you all so much more!!
con amor,
Hermana Duvall

Last Preparation day we decided to drive out to Mankato
 to hang out with other missionaries!
We went out to Buffalo Wild Wings


Last P-day we went out to Buffalo Wild Wings
and then we went back to a member's home to
play board games and card games. 





1 comment:

  1. Hermana Duvall: You are an inspiration to all of us at home!! You are carrying on the Duvall tradition in a most excellent fashion. Keep up the wonderful work. We love you and keep you in our prayers. :-) Elder Fetherolf (Still serving as Manager of Bishop's Storehouse)

    ReplyDelete