Monday, May 1, 2017

May 1, 2017 The Curse Was Broken

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos! 
    I hope you all had a wonderful week and enjoyed it to the fullest. This was another great week for me! Of course, I've gotta mention something about the weather. It went back to being colder and I had to actually get my winter coat back out. I don't know what to think anymore about this weather here.... it just loves switching it's mind every week haha. 

Hermana Davis and I enjoyed skipping rocks on this river.
 It took every bit of me to not jump into the water.
..I miss swimmming haha.


     So I cannot believe that another transfer has already come and gone. Time just keeps on going by faster and faster! We heard about transfers and it looks like I'll be staying in Faribault AND Hermana Davis and I are going to be staying together! I haven't had a companion more than one transfer since I got out of training. So she broke the curse and we are staying together. We are so excited for this transfer and for many more miracles that we'll see. 
   

I held a tarantula! It felt so weird. It was really
soft and light on its feet.

 This week was a pretty interesting week! We had a fun P-day last monday. Sister Reher took us to the Nature Center here in Faribault. We went searching for all of the different wild flowers with her and that was so fun! I HELD A TARANTULA. It felt really soft and light on my hand. 






Zone Conference with all of the wonderful sisters :)


Anyways, we also had Zone Conference up in Lakeville so we got to see all of the other missionaries, which is a special experience because we are the only missionaries for about 40 miles in our area haha. We also had about 2 sick days because Hermana Davis ended up getting food poisoning, so we spent a lot of time inside. Luckily the members here are absolutely amazing because they helped us out so much and brought us food that Hermana Davis could actually eat (or drink). 
     Even though this week was a little slower than some others, we still saw so many little miracles and the Lord's hand in the work. I am so grateful that we are led and guided as to know who we need to talk to and where we need to go. We had many experiences where I had the feeling that we needed to turn around as we were driving or knock on a door when we only had a few minutes before our next appointment. Through following the spirit we've been able to meet many new people! 
   
Hopefully Sister Page doesn't get mad at the fact
Im adding her cute selfie into my group email.
A couple weeks ago we told the Pages
 that they had the cutest family
(Virginia and Wallie pictured before are two of her kids)
 and we promised we would make them a cutest family award.
So we sneakily heart attack their door and left this award posted
 with sticky notes for them to see :) Sister Page is like my role model. Love her.

 One of my favorite things about this week was the focus on music and Hymns. At Zone Conference we had a Training on how we can use hymns in our teaching, so Hermana Davis and I took every opportunity to sing a hymn to people this week. It really opened a lot more doors and hearts to at least listening to two girls sing one verse of a hymn. Then at church we had an all hymn sacrament meeting! It was wonderful and the spirit was so strong. Members of the congregation would get up and share what is their favorite hymn and why, and then we would sing one verse of that hymn. I love the power of music and the messages that we can learn as we sing and think of what they're about. One of my favorite hymns is "I Stand All Amazed," and my favorite verse is the 3rd one. It says:

"I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!"
      It really is so wonderful to know one day I will be able to stand in front of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, and our Loving Heavenly Father, all because of Christ's great atoning sacrifice. I know He lived, died, and was resurrected for me personally and I know He loves me. I know that He performed the Atonement for all of us personally so that we can stand before him at the last day worthily and happy. I will never forget of this sacrifice and I am so grateful I get to testify of Christ daily. 
        I hope you all have a great week, love you all! More importantly, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you more! 
Con amor,
Hermana Duvall 
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission



The amazing Sister Reher!
We had a fun time hiking and looking at all
of the wild flowers and carving our names into sandstone.



The Oelkers brought us ice cream as we were weekly planning at the church
and Hermana Davis finally felt better to eat solid food haha.

Sister Reineke! We love her SO much.
I look up to her a ton and I am grateful
 to have been able to get to see her testimony grow.
She's an amazing women



The Kotas Family! They are probably one of my favorite families ever!
 Both brother and Sister Kotas have such strong testimonies ofthis gospel
and they are going to be sealed as a family for time and all eternity in June!
 I am soooo happy for them. 


Wallis had run away and also Nylala snuck into the picture at this
point haha. Virginia sang the prissy song Gethsemane
for us and it was the sweetest thing!
 I love the sweet spirits that little kids bring into this world


hermana Davis, Virginia, Wallie and I.
 Wallis couldn't stand still for the picture but
look at his cute little red outfit! So cute.

After church yesterday we got together and sang some songs with the Pages :)
 Here is a video of us singing I am a Child of God together!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment