Monday, May 22, 2017

May 22, 2017 President Nelson and shaking his hand!!!!

¡Hola mi Familia y mis amigos!
      I hope you all had a great week. I think the Minnesotan curse of always being able to have a conversation about the weather is rubbing off on me, because I want to share what the weather was like this week haha. This past week, it has basically rained every single day all day. The beginning of the week was hot, humid rain and then it got colder on the weekend. I survived and now everything is more green outside so that's cool.
     

Aleah!! We took this after we met he very first time. 
She is so awesome and I am excited to continue teaching her. 

This week was such an amazing week with meeting so many great people, including this girl named Aleah! Hermana Davis and I decided that we were going to go do some tracting on a street that had a fun name. Outside this one house, there was a super cute dog. For those of you who ever meet Hermana Davis she absolutely LOVES dogs (and fun fact: she can even bark like a dog to). So we went and pet this dog, and the dog "told" us to go knock on the door haha. So we did and we found Aleah! She's the cutest girl ever and loves god so much already. She is excited about the Wednesday night youth activities and she was able to make it to church yesterday and she loved it! She wants us to come teach and meet her family too. We are super excited about her.
      We also had a really fun surprise yesterday at church as well!! After the sacrament was passed and the doors to the foyers opened we saw another investigator named Patrick walking in!! We met Patrick over a month ago! We have been trying to meet with him and teach him, but he has been pretty busy. He always promised us that he would come to church one day and he finally did!! He is planning on coming to church next week as well! We are going to try to teach him this week if his schedule allows it.
 

Ray Chavie (member) and Sue Lukes (investigator). 
They enjoyed the spaghetti dinner and getting
some good deserts from the auction. 

   There are honestly so many great things about this past week, it's hard to pin point the best part. We had a really awesome ward activity on Saturday evening, and one of our investigators came!! It was a Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser for the Scout's. They also did a cake auction at the end, and you would be amazed the amount of money people were willing to bet on some of those cakes. We have been finding a lot of great, amazing people who are prepared to listen to the gospel. I know that it's all in the Lord's hand and that as we follow the Spirit we are doing what we are supposed to be doing!
 

Minneapolis Minnesota Mission Conference with President Russell M. Nelson

I think that one of the best things that happened this week was being able to meet President Russell M. Nelson and shake his hand!! We had a Mission Wide Conference where all of the missionaries were able to come hear President Russell M. Nelson speak and Elders Christensen and Stacy. It was a day that I don't think I will ever forget! Most of the Spanish speaking missionaries, including me, had to opportunity to sing "Come thou fount of Every Blessing" in Spansih/English, and that was a special experience. I learned so many great and valuable things during this Conference. I wish I could share it all with you. One of my favorite things, however, was when President Russell M. Nelson talked about repentance. He went through the different greek roots of the word Repentance and defined it. Essentially, repentance is changing your mind, knowledge, spirit, and even the way you breath to be closer to the Savior, Jesus Christ. I love the very last part, that as we sincerely repent even the way we breath will change. I think it's because every fiber in our being, all of our desires and our wants, will act more in accordance with God's will. None of us are perfect, and we all have that "natural man" within all of us. But, we do have a Savior who IS perfect and CAN and WILL help us if we just turn to Him. I know that Christ will always be there to help us if we just turn to Him. I know that God loves all of us very much, and that He wants to bless us for our efforts!!  I know Russell M. Nelson is an apostle of God. When I shook his hand I had a very profound peace and love testify to me that he is a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am amazed with his example. Even though he is already so close to being like the Savior, he was still listening intently to those who spoke and reading all of the scriptures throughout the meeting. He said one thing that I loved: "Those who love the Savior, will want to know more about Jesus Christ. They will want to study, ponder, and apply all of those teachings of Him." I love my Savior so very much, and I know it's a live long process of trying to become more like Him. However, we have the best help there is out there: Christ!
   
      I hope you all have a wonderful week, and try to recognize all of the many blessings God pours out upon your life! I love you all, but more importantly Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, love you much!!
con amor,
Hermanita Duvall

Last Pday, we were able to all meet up together and spend a fun day
in downtown Northfield! Some person gave us all some free shakes
so that was awesome. Sister Benson, Sister Miller,
Hermana Davis, Me, Hermana Dean, Hermana Bryson!


selfie time



Just a picture of the beautiful clouds after it stormed all day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment