Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15, 2017 Feliz dia de las Madres


¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!
 
   First off, Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful, amazing momma. I love you so very much. I am so grateful for your wonderful example and for everything you have taught me. Also, Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful women out there who have helped me tremendously in my life. I am appreciative of you all. I know I have been blessed with some amazing women as examples in my life, and I am so grateful for that!

       
Yesterday was probably one of the best days ever because I got to talk to my family!! I love my family so much. I am grateful to be a missionary alongside with my twin brother, Jeremy. He's a great example to me. I'm glad that we were all able to say a family prayer together, even though we are all in different parts of the states.
   

The one and only SISTER CURRY. I love her tons!
She told us to tell our parents that they did a good job raising us :)
Thanks mom and dad! 

 One person who we are really excited about is Major Bell. We knocked on his door a couple of weeks ago and we met his wife, Grace. Then, when we came back the next week we were able to teach Major as well. We have been meeting with him frequently, and he is so solid! He has a lot of questions, but you can just tell that he is searching for the truth. This last week, we were able to go over to his house with some priesthood holders and give him a priesthood blessing. He has been having very bad health issues recently, and hasn't been able to make it to church due to them. He was practically begging for a blessing of health and was happy that we came by. He casually said to us that he wouldn't mind being baptized! We are going to continue to work with him, and hopefully his health will improve soon! He is just so prepared and ready to learn more every time we visit him!
        Other than Major, we have been able to teach and find a lot of new investigators. I love being able to teach people about the Plan that God has for us and also about the Book of Mormon. Hermana Davis and I have been trying to walk around holding copies of the Book of Mormon in our hands, and we have seen a lot of little miracles because of it!
   I am so grateful for my wonderful family, and for my parents who have always set such a great example of faithful followers of Jesus Christ. This marking the day that my Papa Smith passed away 17 years ago, I am also very grateful for my humble, faithful grandparents who raised such amazing parents on great values. I was reading in "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" this morning and I found something that I really loved in it and reminded me of my parents. It says,
"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities"
I know that as we live the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and incorporate them into our daily lives, that we will all be so much happier. It sometimes feels like it takes a lot of work to do all of these things, but it is SO WORTH IT! If only we could always recognize the happiness that we feel as we are simply doing what's right, even when it's hard. I know that we are blessed for our efforts. I also know that we don't have to go at it alone, because we have the Savior to help us every step of the way!

We substituted a primary class yesterday with 
no guidance as to what to teach. 
Luckily, we had the spirit with us and it turned out great. 
I love this group of crazy kids


Andy! She just had to take a selfie in my iPad haha 



    I hope you all have a wonderful week, love you!! But, more importantly, Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, love you all so much more!

con amor,
Hermana Duvall
Last Pday we decided to have lunch on the Taylor's
back porch, because they have this cute little pond.
We had fun as we tried to feed a duck goldfish, it just ran away from us. 




This was during a thunderstorm last week
and the sun was just setting.  It looked a lot
cooler in person








We were going to dinner at members house,
and the daughter Hannah brought us a frog to hold!
It was really fun!





Here  are some more pictures from our Mother's Day Skype call...Gotta love technology!!!
 














7)

No comments:

Post a Comment