Monday, March 27, 2017

March 27, 2017 Abiu Espinal's Baptism

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!
   

This picture is taken right outside of our new apartment!!
We are so excited to move in tomorrow woooooo

This was a wonderful week here in Faribault, MN. Lots of amazing things happened this week and I am so happy. First off, we had transfers this week and I got a new companion. Her name is Hermana Davis and she is from Spanish Fork, Utah.  She has been on her mission for about 4 1/2 months. We actually served around each other in St. Paul, so it's been fun to be reunited together again. We are already really good friends and I am so grateful to have her as a companion. She's the best, and I am learning a lot from her. Also, we are FINALLY moving out of our mold infested apartment tomorrow. We have slowly been trying to pack all of our stuff up when we aren't out of the house doing missionary work. We still have to pack up a lot of stuff, but we are SO EXCITED.

We took this picture last week before he was baptized.
He loves when we come over and read in the Book of Mormon
with him. Every time we go over there I am always in awe with
the questions that he comes up with.
This week he asked us: what happens if I forget about god?
 He was so worried that he might forget because he loves it so much.
We assured him that he will not forget about god and that
God never forgets any of his children either


Another amazing thing that happened is Abiu Espinal was baptized!!! Abiu is 9 years old and his parents and sister were already members before he was baptized. His parents felt that he wasn't mature enough to be baptized a year ago when we turned 8 years old, but right as I arrived to this arrive they felt that Abiu was now ready to be baptized.  He patiently waited for a whole month as we went through all of the lessons with him; and, every single lesson he asked us to count down the hours to his baptism. Watching Abiu come out of the water with the biggest smile on his face and watching him jump up and down in the water was the best thing to see. He received the gift of the Holy Ghost and was confirmed as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints yesterday!  I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here and to have been able to teach Abiu.
I continue to be amazed at his understanding and love for this gospel, even at such a young age. I love him so much and I can't wait to continue to visit with him and teach him some more :) Because of the fact that everyone in his family are members now, they can be sealed in the temple!!! So, we are going to be working with them and helping them prepare to enter the temple! This family just inspires me and I love them so much.




Hermana Davis, Me, Hermano Espinal, Abiu,
Hermana Dean


Hermano Mynor Espinal, Zabdy Espinal,  Hermana Abdony Espinal, Abiu Espinal,
Me, Hermana Davis, Hermana Dean. This was taken before the baptism!
Hna Davis and I had to come to the church building at 6:30am to make sure the font
got filled up in time for the baptism


   

Selfie with Abiu right after he was baptized. Gotta love the peace sign hah





Most of the missionaries in the picture have served in this area and all were able to make it to Abiu's baptism. We all love him lots. Hermana Bryson, Hermana Davis, Hermana Dean, Me, Elder Porter, Elder Aroaz, Elder Calderwood, Elder Boothe and Abiu.

Just a video of how Abiu was feeling! He was so excited afterwads! He just kept jumping around everywhere!  SO PRECIOUS!



 I love this area so much! So many great things are happening here. The members are AWESOME. Yesterday, we had 5 investigators come to church. All of these investigators are friends that the members in our ward just invited to come to church. So, we are really pumped and excited to be able to teach some of them and get to know them better.
       Saturday was just an amazing day, because (besides Abiu's baptism) we got to watch the Women's Session of General Conference!! I loved all of the talks. I feel like all of them had a very specific theme that really stood out to me: remember who we are and where we come from. We are all sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father. Before this life, we lived with Him. We chose to come here to this earth hoping and earning to live with Him again. I am so glad that we do not have to go through this life blindly! I love what Elder Henry B. Eyring said in his talk:"you will at times have your faith challenged by Satan; it happens to all disciples of Jesus Christ your defense against these attacks is to keep the Holy Ghost as your companion. The spirit will speak peace to your soul. He will urge you forward in faith. He will bring back the memory of those times when you felt the light and the love of Jesus Christ." This life can be really difficult at times and we may find ourselves in very foggy places, but I know that as long as we continually remember who were are, where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going, that life will be so much brighter and happier!! Yesterday in church a member gave a talk and she said something that I loved. She said, "I'm so grateful I'm not a rock." haha. Hey, we aren't rocks. I think it's wonderful that we can learn, grow, progress, and become better. I know that we all have a divine identity and divine potential, and I know that as we continually search for truth and light that we will feel of God's love that He has for us!!! Ok, sorry for my long rant. I just love this gospel so much and it makes me so happy!!!
       I hope you all have a wonderful week! Don't forget who you really are and that you are loved so much. I love you all (les quiero muchiiiissssiiimo). Also, don't forget that Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, love you all SO much more!!
con amor,
Hermana Duvall

 ok. This is sister Curry.
She is my role model!! I love her sooooo much
With Hermana Duvall and Hermana Dean


ALL OF THE HERMANAS IN ONE PLACE! This hasn't happened in a very long time. All of the Hermanas got switched up, so all of us ended up at transfers together. It was so fun to see everyone and previous companions


We went out to lunch with Bro Pietsch with
Elder Boothe and Elder Porter.
Brother Pietsch was being silly and hid behind Elder Porter haha


Mary!! She's the sweet lady from Africa who always calls us her daughters.
We finally found a Swahilian Book of Mormon for her to read and she was so excited.
She loves talking about god and Jesus Christ with her. Her faith is already so strong
and I know this message is helping strengthen her faith even more.

Brother James Taylor sent this picture of Hermana Duvall and Hermana Dean on Monday, March 20th 

"OK, in order to get the missionaries some more visibility I have taken him to a hockey game at my school, Shattuck-St. Mary's. We are a national-caliper team so the play is pretty good - and we are winning. Sis Dean is getting transferred tomorrow (what!?! She just got here!) but Sis Duvall didn't repent enough so she gets another 6 weeks.  Your ladies are doing good and doing well! 

Sincerely, Brother Taylor"


Hermana Davis, Sister Vallaincourt (she loves bunnies) and Hermana Duvall







No comments:

Post a Comment