Monday, April 3, 2017

April 3, 2017 Prayer Works!!

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Faribault, MN.
Hermana Davis and I have been wanting to take a
picture in front of this mural for a while now.
We finally found time to do it!
We had to mount my iPad on the top of our car haha. 


    Another wonderful week of being a missionary and I am so happy. I love being a missionary and a set apart representative of Jesus Christ! We finally moved out of our old, disgusting, mold-filled apartment this last week. We are so happy to be in a new apartment where it doesn't smell like mold. We do, however, have a toilet that makes a really loud noise when we flush it. It is actually quite funny, but a little obnoxious at times haha. We are slowly unpacking all of the books and other missionary materials when we find time to do so.  

 

Hermana Davis and I with Juan, Julio, and Johnny.
They were the guys that I talked about in my letter
who were fixing their car outside.
 Johnny is just one of their friends
who jumped into the picture haha. 

  Funny Story: At the end of each month, we have to fill out a car evaluation. So on Saturday morning Hermana Davis and I walked out of our apartment and got to our car... Just to realize that I forgot to grab the keys to the car and our apartment building and she forgot to grab the phone. What does that mean? We were stuck outside, with no way to get in and no one to call for help. Being really typical missionaries, we quickly said a prayer and we asked Heavenly Father to please have someone come open the door to our apartment building within the next 5 minutes (so we could start studies on time). No joke, within about 2 minutes a girl walked down the stairs in a robe and a blanket wrapped around her and she opened the door for us!! This was just a funny experience that taught me again that Heavenly Father really does answer prayers :)

     Abiu is doing great! I am really able to recognize a difference in him as we taught him this week. He already had so much light about him, before he was baptized; but, now his light is so much brighter! He is understanding the scriptures and the lessons we are teaching him much easier and is still asking the best questions I have ever heard. I love teaching Abiu so much. I am so grateful for him and his example of just wanting to do exactly what Jesus Christ would do.

The Odd Family!
We watched a a session of General Conference
with them. We love them so much!they are both
fluent in Spanish,so we get to practice our Spanish w
ith them. That blur in the picture is their
 8 month old puppy named Hobbs.

    On Sunday, in between the two sessions of Conference we decided to do some finding. There was a trailer park that we close to where we were watching Conference, so we decided to go there. Luckily, the weather was decent and we were able to walk around without feeling like our faces were going to fall off. During this hour that we had to find people we were able to teach three lessons by just stopping and talking to everyone who was outside. We had a little miracle with two guys named Juan and Julio.  They were outside trying to fix their car, so we went up to them asking if they needed any help haha. They explained to us what they were trying to do with the car, but we really didn't know how to help them. We quickly joked and told them that neither of us actually know anything about cars, and we offered to say a prayer with them! At first they laughed and said that they could just take their car to the autoshop. We talked about how God is pretty intelligent and that He most likely knows where the piece that they were looking for was. So we ended up saying a prayer with them and had a really good discussion with them about church! After we left, we really felt like we needed to go back and give them each a Book of Mormon. So we went back and they were amazed that Christ came to visit the Americas! We are going back to teach them more this week, and they are excited to come to church on Sunday!!!

We watched some of General Conference
with the Hancock Family!
This is Maddie Hancock and we love her so much. :)
she is headed to BYU next year,
so we want to try to be in some classes together. Woo! 

I LOVED General Conference this last weekend so much! There's something different about being a missionary and watching general conference. It's like Christmas haha. I learned so many wonderful things and received so much guidance/answers to questions. I know that Heavenly Father heard my prayers because literally all of the questions I had written down beforehand were answered as I was watching and listening to General Conference. There were so many talks that I loved, but I wanted to echo what the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, bore testimony of. He said, "I maintain that a strong testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and of His gospel will help see us through to safety.” I know that it is SO important for us to strive daily to gain a stronger testimony of the Savior. I know that He really is the only way we can receive real, everlasting light in our lives, and that through Him we will return safely home to live with our families FOREVER. I know that as we do the little, simple things like prayer, scripture study, going to church, serving others, etc. that our relationship with the Savior of the World will grow stronger and stronger each day. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ so much. He is my all time best friend, and I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to strengthen my relationship with Him daily! I hope that all of you will examine your relationship with the Savior and have a desire to come closer to Him!!!

   I love you all tons and I hope you have a wonderful week!! I know that Heavenly Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ, love you all SO MUCH MORE!!

Love,

Hermana Duvall

Pictures:

This is Lori and Fred Stanley! We love them lots.
They are not members of our church, by missionaries
have visited them for a long time.   They both have strong testimonies, a
nd Lori LOVES General Conference. In our lesson last week, L
ori looked at me and started crying. She told me that she
"really sees that I love the Savior so much and that
I know prayer really is communication between us and God. "
It was a special experience and I do know those things to be true! 


"just one of the lovely sunsets that we see every
night driving through the middle of nowhere :)"




No comments:

Post a Comment