Monday, October 2, 2017

October 2, 2017 MIRACLES: after the trial of FAITH

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

FALL IS COMING AND I LOVE THAT 
THE LEAVES ARE TURNING ORANGE

 Why do I feel like it was just Pday? Time is just flying by sooooo fast! This last weeek was a pretty good week! The leaves are starting to change colors and I'm pretty stoked about it. Part of me wishes the leaves could change colors without it getting really cool, but you win some and you loose some!   

 

Flapdoodles to finish the exchange
  and talk about what we learned! 

We had exchanges this week with the Rochester Sisters, Sister Woodward and Sister Luk! I had the chance to go with Sister Woodward to her area. While on the exchange, we taught someone about the Priesthood and why it's important. As we taught this lesson it made me feel ever so grateful to have the priesthood in my life. I am grateful for all the many blessings that I've received from the priesthood! One thing that I love about the priesthood is that the men who have it cannot use it to bless themselves, they can only use it to bless others.

   

Hermana Tietz's Grandma sent us little pumpkins.

 One thing that Hermana Tietz and I have been working on it listening and following the first promptings that we receive. This week we were driving around just stopping by some people. As we were driving on this one street that has a walking trail on it, I looked over and saw someone walking on the trail. Without thinking much, I told hermana Tietz that we need to stop and talk to that guy. So we ended up meeting Mohammad! We had a really awesome conversation about prayer and how prayer has helped us in our lives. He was really excited to hear that we have a living day prophet and we told him about General Conference! It was a cool little miracle that we saw as we listened to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Sometimes it can be a little scary to just walk up to random people, but I've found that as I completely put my trust in God that He is able to work through us and give us the words to say! Along with this experience, we have been meeting several new people and knocking lots of doors! Slowly but surely we are finding those who are willing and ready to listen to our message. I find strength knowing that there's at least one person who, God has prepared.

We are simply trying to be better at taking more
pictures so here's a car selfie...


    Francisco is still doing super good! We were able to have an Family Home Evening with a family in our Stake that speaks Spanish and it was so awesome! Francisco ended up bringing his cousin for the lesson. Francisco shared this really cool story with all of us. Last week, Francisco was sitting in the church and remembered that he needed to pay his tithing. As he sat there, he thought about all of the money that he has earned so he could calculate what he needed to pay for his tithing. After figuring out the amount, he reached into his pocket to see how much he had with him, and it was the SAME EXACT amount of money that he needed to pay his tithing. He bore his testimony as to how God always makes things possible for us as we are obedient! We also watched the Sunday Sessions with Francisco with some members in our ward. Francisco LOVED general conference and said that all of his questions were answered.

Fun trip to the zoo a couple of
weeks ago! Maverick, Hermana Duvall, Hermana
Davis, Hermana Tietz, and Hermana Shepard! 

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE SO MUCH!!! For those of you who don't know, General Conference is basically this meeting where the Prophet, Apostles, and other leaders of our church speak to the whole world. I had several questions going into General Conference and almost all of them were answered. As I watched, I felt so much love from Heavenly Father because I realized once again that He really is so aware of me, my questions, my struggles, etc. I loved all of the talks that were given. But, one of my favorite talks was given by Donald L. Hallstrom about miracles! He shared the scripture in Ether 12:18 which says,"And neither at any time hath any wrought miracles until after their faith; wherefore they first believed in the Son of God." FAITH is REQUIRED for miracles to happen. There are so many miracles that we can hear of, especially of those who are healed without any explanation other than God; but, another miracle is Him simply giving us strength to endure. The question is where are faith is centered on:  immediately receiving relief or is it centered on the Will of the Lord? Do we have faith to not be healed, so that we can become the person that God wants us to become? After all, we only go through things that God KNOWS we can handled and KNOWS we will learn from and grow from. I know that as we faithfully submit to the will of the Lord, that we will be able to recognize more of the miracles that happen in our lives day to day. I have felt the Lord strengthening me, when I feel I am too weak to keep moving forward. I am forever grateful and forever debted to all of the help and love the Savior has provided me. I am grateful for Jesus Christ  and I am incredibly blessed to be a representative of Him!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Love you! but, more importantly, God and Jesus Christ love you all SOOO MUCH MORE!

con amor,

Hermana Duvall

We were trying to copy the pumpkins faces...
so please excuse my ugly face ahaha





No comments:

Post a Comment