Monday, October 30, 2017

October 30, 2017 Lots of Singing and SNOW!

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

I'm obviously super happy about the snow!




  This was another amazing great week to be a missionary! So it snowed for the first time this week here in Minnesota- YAY. I still am not sure how I feel about it haha. I know it is definitely very pretty outside with all the white tipped trees, but that also means it's getting colder and colder. Hermana Tietz and I had fun tracting in the snow. Of course, basically every personally told us "Stay warm!" "Get yourselves out of the snow!" We also say thanks, but at the same time we are obviously knocking on your door as it's snowing for a reason.

 tracting in the snow...yayyyy



I was covering my nose because
I looked like Rudolph the red nose reindeer 


  
 We had our first exchange for this transfer with the Rochester 5 Sisters- Sisters Luk and Woodward. I got to be sister Luk's companion in her area! Sister Luk and I have been companions like 5 times so it's always fun to be with her. We call each other our second companion because we are always together. We had a lot of fun lessons and experiences as we were together on an exchange. One of my favorite was meeting a sweet lady named Beverly. She used to be an organist for her church and she loves music so much. She doesn't play anymore because she's pretty old, but we were able to sing her a hymn and she loved it so much! She started tearing up as we sang her "Nearer, my God, to Thee" and she told us we had perfect dictation (that meant a lot because she also majored in vocal performance a long time ago. I always love singing to people and helping them feel the spirit that way!

Sister luk and I on exchanges 


     Honestly, nothing super exciting in the world of us teaching and knocking lots of doors! I wanted to share a funny story though. This week I was eating pistachios as a snack. Hermana Tietz and I were driving to an appointment. Then we all know that some pistachios taste amazing and some taste absolutely horrible. I made an ugly face and spit it out as quick as possibly. Hermana Tietz just laughed at me and said "There has to be opposition in all things Hermana!" Little did I know, that later that night we were going to be teaching a lesson about the fall of Adam and Eve and we talked about opposition in all things. I was able to share that funny personal experience and it added to the lesson. I'm grateful that god provides us with opportunities to learn and grow from so that we are able to help others as well- even when they're funny ones!
 

These birds are the pets of one of our members!
They just walk around her house and
are the funniest little things!


This weekend was Stake Conference and general authority of the 70 came to reorganize the stake! It was a packed weekend with lots of spiritual messages that I loved. Yesterday during Stake conference, we stood and sang "I Believe in Christ" as together! The last verse really touched me:
"I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I’ll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: “Ye shall obtain.”
I believe in Christ; so come what may,
With him I’ll stand in that great day
When on this earth he comes again
To rule among the sons of men."


Hermana Elías. We love her lots and her little birds. 

I don't know if I have the words to describe how I really feel about my Savior Jesus Christ. All I know is that I know I would not be able to make it through this life without him. He has given me the strength time and time again, even in pain or in sadness, to keep moving forward. He continues to comfort me and lift me up and reminds me that I am not alone in this journey called life. "So come what may"- I will never deny that Jesus is my Savior, no matter what. I cannot wait to see Him once again, face to face, and thank Him. What a marvelous day that will be! Until then, I know I will grow closer to Him by striving to become like Him and remembering that I cannot do it without His help. HE IS ALWAYS THERE and it's up to us if we are going to grab hold of his hand or not. I love being a missionary and being a representative of Him! He's the best person to represent!

The FAMOUS Flapdoodles 

Have a wonderful week, love you all! More importantly, Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ love you all so much more!
Con amor,
Hermana Duvall



Hermana Tietz and I went to stop by some investigators. We first knocked on their door
 and they weren't home. Hermana Tietz and I thought It would be fun to take pics on the
 railroad tracks across from their house. So we did, and when we were finished
they pulled up to their house.
Miracles happen and perfect timing!




No comments:

Post a Comment