Monday, September 25, 2017

September 25, 2917 REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!


I was sitting on Hermana Lopez's couch
 reading/browsing this book about the
 history of the Book of Mormon,
when choco decided to come join me. 


   This week was such a great week. The weather is still super weird and not very normal, because it was nice and warm. I am praying really hard that it stays like this for as long as possible. However,  Hermana Tietz is praying for snow because she wants to experience a "real winter" haha. We will have to wait and see what happens. Anwyays, it simply amazes me how time in the mission is such a paradox. I feel like the time is going by way to fast, but when I think about what we did at the beginning of the week it feels like forever ago.

He used to scare me because he's huge,
but he really is just a big sweetheart.
He tried licking my face
and luckily i avoided it.



    Update on Francisco: He is doing so great! We recently started reteaching all of the discussions to him this last week! It has been really cool to see his testimony of the Book of Mormon grow more and more everyday. Every time we ask Francisco a question like "How are you going to continue to strengthen your faith in Jesus Christ?" He smiles and grins as he hugs his Book of Mormon! We also helped him start his Family History so that he will be able to have some names to take to the temple eventually!! He told us that he keeps seeing more and more blessings that have come from his decision to be baptized. Many more blessings are going to come! Also, Francisco has been teaching us various "trabalenguas" (tongue twisters) in Spanish that are super fun.

Francisco trying to teach us a tongue twister (pájaro cari poca pote) 
   

Sister Hardy and I on our exchange 


We had exchanges this week with some sisters in our zone- Sister Hardy and Sister Larsen. Sister Hardy and I were in my area for the day and it was so great. Sister Hardy is from Arizona and she just got out on her mission this transfer. We had a super great time on the exchange. We were able to teach a couple of people and do lots of finding. We knocked on one door and they weren't super interested so we started walking away, and then he called back to us and offered us some water because it was super hot outside. That was a cool experience and we were super grateful for that.

    We are still doing a lot of finding and knocking doors. I love seeing how the spirit leads us to the people who are ready and willing to listen to us! I love being able to see the hand of the Lord in the work, and I am reminded every day that He really is the one who is in charge!! This week, Hermana Tietz and I were planning one stopping by a previous investigator. However, as we were walking down the street we had the feeling that we needed to keep walking. We ended up meeting someone named Lori, who is going through a really hard time right now. We were able to share a Book of Mormon with her and it was a little miracle that we were able to talk with her and help her feel that God really is aware of her!

 

 Lee and their cute dog Aurora


   We also recently started teaching the husband of one of our members in our ward. His name is Lee and he recently started gaining interest in learning more about the gospel. We are excited to start teaching him again and to help him will all of his great questions haha.

This was such a spiritual high weekend, with the start of General Conference with the Women's session AND we had a member of the quorum of the Seventy, Elder Renlund Stacey, come to our ward yesterday to speak. I learned and heard so many things and I wish I could share all of it with you. REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE! This was one phrase that stuck out to me this whole weekend. In President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk he said something along the lines that nothing that anyone ever says about you will overrule what God says. God says that we are all His children and that we ALL have a divine destiny and potential to become like Him. The worth of a soul is it's capacity to become like God. I know that we are all of great worth in the sight of God, and we mustn't overlook what God thinks. He LOVES us SO MUCH!!!  I know this to be true. I also know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and He loves us all so very much.

  I hope you all have a wonderful week, and remember that I love you! But more importantly, Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ love you all so much more!


Con amor,

Hermana Duvall

                         

Sister Passow and Hermana Tietz and
my huge hair due to the humidity







No comments:

Post a Comment