Monday, September 4, 2017

September 4, 2017 Lots of Changes!

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

President and sister Barney after MLC. 


  Espero que hayan disfrutado su semana! This has been a lot of week with lots of changes. Transfers have already come again.. time is just flying by faster and faster. I am going to be staying here in Rochester, and Hermana Anderson is leaving me to go to West St. Paul!! Hermana Tietz is going to be coming here with me and I am super excited. Also, as some of you may have figured out, I am back on Facebook! My mission was recently authorized to use Facebook in our proselyting efforts. I am really excited to be able to share the things I am learning and things that are important to me throughout the week. I would love it if any of you would send me a message If you have any questions about the church or what I am doing as a missionary! I love being a missionary and I am so very grateful for all of the different ways that we have to share the gospel!

*me* "ahh my hair is getting into my face"
 *president* "stop being such a girl hahahahah"
so funny. 


     This week we had MLC again and it was great to see some other missionaries again. We mainly just talked about how we are going to use online proselyting. It was cool to see everyone share experience and their thoughts about how this is going to help the work of the Lord hasten.

Jackie is a member that we love to go visit.
Also in this picture is is daughter, mom, and sister.
Love them! 

FRANCISCO!¡ okay, so Francisco is doing SO great. We were able to meet with him multiple times this week and I wish I could share everything thing. Teaching him has been so great. He is learning so quickly and applying the principles he is learning into his life. Hermana Anderson and I have agreed that sometimes it almost feels like he is teaching himself and we are just there to quite the lesson. One of the lessons that we taught this week was the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Throughout the lesson, Franscisco kept on sharing what he had learned from reading a verse in the Book of Mormon and then would apply it to what we were teaching him! He give super awesome prayers. In the last lesson, he prayed that he will one day have the opportunity to be a missionary and share the gospel with others, so that other people can be baptized too! It has been amazing to see the desire he has to share the gospel with others grow as he is learning more and more.
     Other than Francisco, we are still doing a lot of finding and teaching a lot of other people here and there. We have some other investigators who are progressing at a slower pace and are doing super well. It is amazing to see all of the different kinds of journeys that all of us are on, yet the Gospel of Jesus Christ is able to help all of us!!
I was studying in the talk, "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox this last week. He shares a quote that I love, which says,
 "Elder  Bruce  C. Hafen has written, ―The  Savior‘s  gift of  grace  to us  is not necessarily  limited in time to 'after' all  we  can  do. We  may  receive  his grace  before, during  and  after the  time when  we expend our  own efforts  (The  Broken Heart [Salt  Lake  City: Deseret Book,  1989], 155). So grace  is not a booster engine that kicks in once  our  fuel supply  is exhausted.  Rather, it  is our constant energy  source.  It is not  the light at the end of the  tunnel but the  light that moves us through the tunnel. Grace  is not achieved somewhere  down the  road.  It is received  right here  and right now.  It is not  a  finishing  touch; it  is the  Finisher‘s touch."

Mona and Joyce! Hermana Anderson played the piano
 and I sang a couple of hymns for them and they LOVED.
They kept asking if we could just please do one more song haha 


This is something that has helped me this last week. Sometimes, we forget that the Savior really is there to help us all along the way. He isn't just going to choose when he is going to show up into our lives, He is always going to be there. I know that it takes our part to turn to him for the energy, light, or hope that we may be lacking. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that he has provided me with so much light and strength in my life. I am so incredibily grateful that he is the Light of the World that will never be hid. I hope you remember how much the Savior loves you and appreciates you! I know He has already suffered it all, so He KNOWS how to succor us and help us in every single way possible!!

  I hope you all have a wonderful week and know that I love all of you! More importantly, God and Jesus Christ love you all so much!

con amor,
Hermana Duvall




Deborah and Cesar and their daughters, Camila
 and Mia and a cousin that I don't remember her name haha 


Just a classic picture of me against a brick wall. 



Sister Miller is going home!
I served with her over a year ago in lakeville.
 It was sad saying goodbye to her. 


 I got to meet one of my Dads cousins, Polly, who is living here in Rochester. It was so great to share different family stories and to hear different things about the farm that her father and my grandmother grew up on! I love having family hear in Minnesota and it is definitely a treat that I got to visit her :)
Polly Mattson- my dad's cousin and I

Millie and Tillie





My dad's cousin had these picturesof my great grandmother Millie and her twin sister, Tillie

Sister Stewart! She recently moved here and
 is super awesome.
She is so strong and I look up to her a lot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment