Monday, November 14, 2016

November 14, 2016 Tacos, Tamales, Transfers

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!
    This was a wonderful week here in Lakeville! We had a really awesome week filled with little miracles. Transfers! Looks like I will be serving up in Minneapolis. My area is called North Minneapolis! I am not exactly what part of the city it covers, but I am really excited to finally get to serve in the city!  My companion is going to be Hermana Chavez. She's super sweet and a native Spanish speaker; so, hopefully my Spanish will improve! I am going to have to say bye to the people here in Lakeville, and that is going to be hard. I love the people so much here, and they have grown to feel like family. But, I know that my new area is going to be awesome! 



   Random funny story: I ate 3 dinners yesterday! We went to a birthday party for one of our investigator's son, Adrian; we had pizza and salad there. After we left the party, we were trying some potential investigators, and we passed this one house that had a taco stand out front. We decided to go talk to the lady because we wanted to know how much her tacos were so we could come back when it wasn't Sunday. Long story short, she's so sweet and ended up giving us some tacos for free!! THE TACOS WERE DIVINE! Then, we went and ate another meal we some members. I felt so full going to bed last night.

Free Tacos


    Hermana Rowland and I learned how to make tamales this week with our good friend, Monica! It was so much fun to learn. Monica had a kitchen aid that we use to make the maza so that actually did a lot of the work for us. Which was really nice, but we still made the actually tamales and put cebolla, queso, jalapeños, y tomatoes in them! And let me tell you, they were delicious! While we made the tamales, we even kind of had a little lesson and watched this cute Mormon message with her. She loved the video! I am so grateful that someone was willing and patient enough to teach us two gringas how to make tamales. Monica is so sweet, and I am going to miss her a lot!



We made tamales with Monica! It was super fun, but a lot of work! They ended up being really good

Gringas learning  how to make tamales with Monica!

    On Wednesday we decided to do this thing called "Windows of Heaven." It's basically where we pray about a specific time and place that we need to be to meet someone who is ready to hear a message of the gospel! We had about an hour set apart for this, and it turned out to be amazing! The second door that we knocked was a 22 year old, Louis. We shared a message with him and he said we could come back and teach him more. We also taught this amazing older lady named Clara. She was visiting her daughter here in Minnesota, but was going to be leaving to go back to Mexico. She's had a lot of trials in her life, and we were able to share a little message of hope in her life. She cried to us as she told us some thing that have happened and was so grateful that we decided to knock on her door. We also talked with about 5 other people who were busy but invited us to come back. Doing this "Windows of Heaven" finding taught me a lot about faith and the way Heavenly Father works. Sometimes we often expect a huge miracle to happen, but that's not always how god works! Even though we didn't find someone that was a super "golden" investigator, as missionaries we are still doing the Lord's work. And, sometimes, the work that needs to be done is planting the seeds in the heart of the people. I love this aspect of the work, and I am so grateful to be a part of it. 
     We had Stake Conference this weekend, and I am so grateful that I got to attend. I learned so, so much. A major theme throughout all of it that really stuck out to me is simply remembering who we are. We are all sons and daughter of a loving Father in Heaven!! This is such a simple truth that we tend to forgot sometimes among all of the trials, heartaches, temptations...etc. Another amazing truth, is that Heavenly Father loves us so much that he sent His son, Jesus Christ, to atone for us so we don't have to suffer! There is a scripture in Isaiah 53:5 that I just love, it says:
:" But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
 I love this scripture because it shows how much love Jesus Christ has for us! He suffered for us, so we don't have to suffer. So, why would we not use the Atonement of Jesus Christ? I am so grateful for this knowledge. Knowing that I am a daughter of Heavenly Father AND I can live with him again brings me so much peace and hope! I am so grateful that I get to share this happy message with the people here in Minnesota! 
  I love this gospel, and I love all of you! But more importantly, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you all SOO much more! TENGA UN BUEN SEMANA!
Love,
Hermana Duvall


On Wednesday we got news that one of our investigators went to the the doctors because she dislocated her arm. We were supposed to have a lesson with her, but she wasn't feeling super great. So we brought her un globo y una tarjeta, and she was so happy! She asked if she could take a picture with us. So precious. 



Hermano Leo. He's AWESOME!
Leo:"¿De donde salió el chupacabra? 

Hermana Duvall: "Donde?'
Leo: "De chu-papa y chu-mama hahahahaha"
Leo"Where did the chupacabra come from?"
hermana Duvall"Where?"
Leo:"from chu-papa and chu-mama hahahahaha







A random sucker that has my last name on it!






I said goodbye to Hna Carrillo, because I felt like I was going to be leaving.
 I love her so much, and have enjoyed visiting her every week! 

Hermana Leonor was seriously so happy that we asked her to take a video for our families!
 She smiled so big, even with her teeth. I really am going to miss her. I love her so much! 

Aww la Hermana Leonor.  She is so precious! (oops....Upsidedown video!)

No comments:

Post a Comment