Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July 12, 2016 Last Email From Mexico

Hello family and friends!!

I know that I said last week that that would be my last email in the CCM but I got permission to spend a little time writing home today!  So I just have a short time to write a quick message, and update on my last week here in the CCM.






Last Wednesday we went to the Temple and it was literally so amazing! I just love the temple so much! I feel the spirit the strongest when I am in the temple, and I know that it is because it really is the House of the Lord! The Mexico City Temple has an amazing chandelier in the Celestial Room that is just incredible!



On Friday we had an “In field” orientation all day, and it was basically just about the different things we can do in the field to be the best missionaries! I loved it so much, and it just made me feel so ready and excited to leave for Minnesota!

in TRC the next day, Hermana Anderson and I had the opportunity to teach a real investigator!! Normally, the people who come into the CCM to be taught or to hear a message are miembros, so when we were sitting there in the lesson we were initially pretty scared when we found out he was not a member of this Church.  His name was Eric, and he was the nicest guy ever. He was so patient with our Spanish! We just taught him about the Book of Mormon and how it’s important to read, just like the Bible.  He said he wanted to continue to learn more and that he would read the Book of Mormon and pray to see if it is true! This lesson was just such a blessing for Hermana Anderson and I, because we were given strength and help to actually teach this lesson.

I am so excited to leave for Minnesota tomorrow morning! Every single day here in the mission, I am just reminded why I am here. It’s because I want to help all of my brothers and sisters come unto Christ and receive eternal happiness in their lives.  I love my Savior with all of my heart, and I know that the Atonement of Christ works and is for everyone. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the only true church on this earth. Every source of happiness that I have in this life has come from this gospel! And this is why I am just so grateful for this privilege to be a missionary and set apart representative of Jesus Christ!

I love you all! But more importantly our Savior Jesus Christ loves you more, and our Father in Heaven loves you more! Please don’t ever forget that!

Hasta luego,
Hermana Duvall


No comments:

Post a Comment