Monday, August 7, 2017

August 7, 2017 The Worth of Souls is GREAT!

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!
      This week was super great filled with lots of meetings and super nice weather. No joke, for like 4 days straight it was in the high 60's/low 70's and it was SO nice. But the humidity is slowly coming back. Okay, that's my weather kick for the week.

We went to Canadian honker and tried their famous
Bunnie's cake! Sister Luk and Sister Winters,
with a recent convert Victor 

    Last Tuesday, we had MLC (Mission Leadership Council) up in Bloomington. Those are also super great being together as all the leaders in the mission and talking about how to improve the mission. I always learn a lot there. The next day, we had Zone Conference.  Hermana Anderson and I got to give a training, so that was fun.
       I had a really fun opportunity this Sunday translating. Our sacrament meeting is in English, and normally a member of the ward translates and those who need translation use headphones. This member wasn't able to make it to church this Sunday, so hermana Anderson and I had the chance to translate. As we were sitting there, one of the Hispanic members came up to me and asked if I could stand next to him as he bore his testimony in Spanish and translate for him. SO SCARY. I did it because he asked and it worked out fine- a lot better than I thought it would. I am grateful for the help the Savior gives me to be able to do things like that are super scary haha.
 

The Marler Family! We did a fun activity where we made
 sandwiches and related it to prayer. 
Their daughter Emma really loved it. 

   We also had Exchanges this week with the trio in the zone. So I went on an exchange with two sisters (Sisters Luk and Winters) and their companion Sister Woodward came to our area with Hermana Anderson. It was super cool because I got to sit in on a couple of Chinese lessons! I love that even though I wasn't able to understand what was being said, I was able to feel the spirit. Doesn't matter what language, the spirit can still be there.
 

Out here in Wisconsin mini golfing for Pday.

    We are currently in La Crosse, Wisconsin, for today and tomorrow. We came  here for an exchange with Sister Calchera and Sister Jasperson. I can finally say that I have been to Wisconsin. It's pretty because there are these bluffs that almost look like they could be mountains!
       We were finally able to see one of our investigators, Naya this week! She has been out of town visiting family for the last month or so. We had a really amazing lessons bout the Plan of Salvation. We invited Naya to be baptized and she said she really wants to. She had to talk to her parents about it, so we are praying for her! We also were able to see Jesus this

This morning as we were driving to Lacrosse, Wisconsin.
The Mississippi River

week again. They had a really amazing lesson with him about Tithing while we were on exchanges. We had another lesson with him later in the week, and he has lost a lot of hope. He has been making so many changes in his life and has had various trials come in his path as he had been preparing for baptism. He hasn't been able to see the blessings come from all of theses changes. We are still planning on visiting him more and we are hoping that he will continue to hold on a little longer. I know Blessings come in Gods timing and that God has a perfect plan for all of us.
      A scripture that has been running through my mind a lot this last week is in  D&C 18:10 which says "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God"
We need to see ourselves and others as God sees us, so that we are able to remember our great worth and potential. I know that God sees us for who we can become. He knows who we can become, and he has a very perfect plan to help us get there. I know that God loves every single one of us no matter what. If there has been one main thing I have learned being a missionary is how important we are to our Heavenly Father in heaven. I know he answers our prayers. I know he knows best. I know that Heavenly Father sent His Son to give us the strength to keep pressing forward even when it is hard. I love being a missionary so much and I love teaching people this wonderful truth.

I love and appreciate you all! I know that God, and His Son, Jesus Christ love you all so much more. Que tengan una buena semana

Con amor,
Hermana Duvall

a super cool 🌅 sunset!
 It definitely looked better in person than in the picture. 





No comments:

Post a Comment