Monday, August 14, 2017

August 14, 2017 Everything can be Illuminated

¡Hola mi Familia y mis amigos!
 

We were able to go to the La, Crosse district Meeting. 

I hope you all had a wonderful week. This has been a pretty interesting week for me!!
Last Monday, we headed out to La Crosse, Wisconsin for an exchange. We were there for Monday and Tuesday. It was fun to be out of Minnesota for a couple of days, because I have been in Minnesota and haven't left for more than a year haha.

Sister Jasperson. I love and look up to her so much!
She's from California so we had fun sharing our
experiences and love for CA. 

I was with Sister Jasperson, who is a Hmong Missionary. She has been out for just a month on her mission and she is on fire. I learned so much from her. I was able to participate (by sitting there and smiling) in the lessons that we taught in Hmong. One of the Hmong ladies that we visited, Grandma, said to me in Hmong that she would teach me Hmong and I needed to teach her Spanish haha.

This is grandma! She only speaks Hmong
 but she was so happy to open her home to us. 

Grandma gave us some gourd juice...
I'll just say that it's not my favorite haha 



     This week we did A LOT of finding. We are having to clean out our teaching pool because we haven't been teaching many people who are progressing or we haven't been able to get in contact with a lot of our investigators. As a result of this, we are knocking lots of doors and are trying to find new people to teach. It's really fun actually. We have been finding some new people to teach, but it is taking a lot of diligence and commitment. One thing I noticed yesterday as we were knocking a neighborhood was how happy I was. Even though we weren't seeing much success, we were able to talk to a few people who listened to us. I know that as we continue to  be diligent in our finding efforts that we are going to continue to see miracles. Focusing on the little miracles and all of the little blessings that God gives us is what is helping us continue to look forward with faith.
       We are still working with the Hermosillo Family and their dad who isn't a member Rigo. He expressed that he feels that he has never received an answer as he has prayed about the Book of Mormon. However, we had a really good lesson with him about Faith and putting in our part. I know god has a very specific plan for all of us and he answers us in His timing, according to our faith.
       We are still working with Jesus, but he will not be getting baptized next week. It still has been really amazing to see the change of coming closer to He savior take place in him. I know that the Lord strengthens us in things we wouldn't ever be able to do alone.
     A quote that really helped me this week was by Lorenzo Snow and he said:
“When you find yourselves a little gloomy, look around you and find somebody that is in a worse plight than yourself; go to him and find out what the trouble is, then try to remove it with the wisdom which the Lord bestows upon you; and the first thing you know, your gloom is gone, you feel light, the Spirit of the Lord is upon you, and everything seems illuminated.”
I know that as we looked outside of ourselves we are SO MUCH HAPPIER. I know that as we strive to bring light into the lives of others,that same light will come into our lives as well. I know Jesus Christ is the brightest light, and as we rely on Him we will never be in darkness. I know that our purpose in this life is to be happy and to be filled with light. It is up to us to go to Jesus Christ and He will life and illuminate us.

I love you all and I hope you have a very great week. More importantly, God and Jesus Christ love you all so much more!!!
Love,
Hermana Duvall

 El Hermano Jose Castillo gave hermana
Anderson and I these hearts with our names in it



 El Hermano Jose Castillo me this
 heart my name on it



We had to stop to take a picture with the
cute little ice cream truck (bus?).
I love that it has Dora on it haha 


We went and got tacos en a tienda called El Sueño.
Alex Frandsen, his little bro, and Jesus!!
It was good to eat some authentic tacos. 


Veronica!!!!! Look how happy she is!!! 


Just a classic picture of a Polaroid


No comments:

Post a Comment