Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June 22, 2016 Tender Mercies and Lots of Happiness

Hey Friends and Family!!!
This is the beautiful road I walk down every day to and from my casa!!!


I can't believe that I am already in the middle of the fourth week of being in the CCM! I love it here, and I love all of the wonderful experiences and things I am learning here.  This wek was just filled with some tender mercies for me.
Last Thursday we started TRC. Which is where we teach either an investigator, less-active member, or member of the church as short lesson. Hermana Anderson and I were pretty nervous, because these people are people who live in Mexico City and we knew that they were probably going to talk SUUUPER RAPIDO. And we didn't have much time to prepare a lesson. We just picked out a scripture on faith and went in! However, the lesson was probably one of the best lessons for us so far. What to know why? Because it wasn't us who was teaching. It was the Spirit helping us know what He wanted us to teach. Both Hermana Anderson and I were able to share personal experiences and our favorite scriptures that we hadn't even thought about before going into the lesson! I could just feel the spirit so strongly in the lesson.  When we walked out of the room, Hermana Anderson and I just looked at each other in awe. That's how we are supposed to teach! With the Spirit! It honestly i just such an incredible feel to be able to follow the spirit, especially when words are just coming out of your mouth and you don't even know what they mean haha.
 Hermana Duvall and Hermana Anderson in the lab where we study spanish and write our families!
Then, we taught a lesson to Mariela again. In the lesson, we taught how Families can be together forever, and then importance of Baptism.  At one point in the lesson, I asked Mariela to read the lyrics to the Hymn "Families can be Together Forever" Then she just right away asked me to sing for her. So not having gone over any of the words, i sand this song in spanish to her.  Simultaneously the Spirit just came into our lesson! This was a tender mercy because when I listen and or sing Hymns and church music, I always feel the Spirit so strongly. And the Spirit testified to me how important it is to treasure and love our families, because we can live with them forever! What a blessing! This just makes me so happy!!

Yesterday, we taught Franklin.  This lesson was just awesome, because both of us were able to follow the spirit as to what we needed to say to help him.  And we didn't even write any notes.  Our spanish is nowhere near to perfection, however this Gospel and the Spirit is perfect. And, as long as we are trying our hardest and putting in our best effort, our Savior will make up for the rest. I am so happy to know that my Savior is willing to help me every step of the way!! 

This week, I listened to a lot of amazing speakers and devotionals, and I have been trying to figure out what I needed to share today.  But, I wanted to share a message that really brought me a lot of peace.  On Sunday Afternoon, we listened to a talk that was given my Richard G. Scott a couple of years ago.  He talked about the importance of prayer.  One of the favorite things that He said went something along the lines of: "The most powerful being in the Universe wants you to call Him Father. The most powerful being in the Universe wants to converse with you!!!" This just hit me so hard! Because, how many times have I just skimmed through my prayers just to check it off? Too many to count.  However, we have the opportunity to talk with our Loving Heavenly Father every single day.  We have the opportunity to talk with the most powerful being in the Universe.  He doesn't just listen to us, he converses with us. But in order for us to really hear the answers he is giving us, we need to patiently listen and be engaged in the conversation.  I challenge all of you to not just pray to our Heavenly Father, talk with him. He wants to hear about everything that you want to tell him, and He wants to give you answers but you must be patient. Recognize how his hand has helped you in your life that day, and let him now how grateful you are for Him. Prayer is one of the most powerful and meaning tools that our Heavenly Father has given us to get through this life.  I know that without prayer and the guidance Heavenly Father has given me that I wouldn't be the person I am.  I know that this gospel is true. I know that my Savior Jesus Christ can turn me into someon that I never thought I could be, because He knows that I can be so much better- and He will help me (and every single one of you) if I just turn to him. I know he loves me!   I know that I can live with my family forever.  I am so grateful for the knowledge and peace and comfort I have, and I cannot wait to share this happy news with those in Minnesota. 

Love you all, but more importantly HEAVENLY FATHER AND JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU!
And don't forget that He doesn't want you to go through this life unhappily, he wants us to enjoy this life and be happy!! 

Love Hermana Duvall

No comments:

Post a Comment