Monday, February 27, 2017

2-27-2017 Getting "grounded" can be fun!!!



¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!
        This week has been another really good one. The weather went from 60 degrees one day (which was so nice I didn't even have to wear a jacket or a cardigan) to a snow storm the next day.  Now, there is currently a lot of ice everywhere. I was doing pretty good up until this morning not falling. Again, I was taking the trash out and slipped on the drive way. Hna Dean was following me and she also slipped. I guess there is just something about taking trash out and slipping on ice haha. We've had a lot of funny experiences together and it seems like Hna Dean and I are always making memories by getting ourselves into funny situations! We performed at our Ward Talent Show and the ward absolutely loved it. We did a dance to the primary song called "Saturday" and it was so much fun.




 Last Wednesday when the weather
decided to trick us before the huge
snow storm came!!
It was great while it lasted haha


Driving home in the middle of a blinding snowstorm!


Fun in the snow! We woke up and helped
shovel driveways for about 2 hours and now I have
 really sore arms and a sore back.
But it was worth it getting to know our neighbors better!


Video: We performed this at the talent show. We practiced for about 30 minutes before and it turned out pretty well. The ward seemed like they really enjoyed it and told us that they will never forget about it hahah. We had way too much fun doing this!



        We got to have interviews with president and see other missionaries again! I always love getting to see President Forbes and Sister Forbes. I look up to both of them so much and the counsel that they have given me. I am grateful for their examples as well!
     


 Due to the snow storm, we ended up being "grounded" for most of the day. This meant that we weren't allowed to use our car because the roads were too dangerous. We ended up being able to do our weekly planning and all of our studies, and had a little time to go outside and take pictures in the snow. It was a good day, and we were able to get out and teach some lessons after dinner.

We also had a really cool miracle that same day! We were supposed to be having a lesson with our investigator, Heather, on Friday morning at 11:00am. However, we were snowed in and weren't allowed to use our cars. We had already tried calling her, but her cell phone was temporarily out of service. So, we didn't have a way of getting a hold of her to tell her that we weren't able to meet with her. We ended up saying a prayer to know what we should do (call a member for a ride, walk there..etc.) and then the second we said "Amen." We got a call from a random number and it was Heather!! Sadly, she was also snowed in and we weren't able to have a lesson with her. We are hopefully going to see her this week though!! It was sad that we weren't able to see her, because she is so ready to learn more about the gospel. But, I learned a couple of things from this experience. First, I learned that Heavenly Father really does answer prayers--He always will! I also learned that sometimes, Heavenly Father has a different plan for us, and we just need to trust Him and have faith!

Random snow pile that we found as we were visiting
 one of our investigators. It was huge, as you can tell

This week we have seen a lot of smaller miracles in the work here and it's been great. One thing that I love about missionary work is that when we follow the spirit we can know that we are following the Lord's will here. One of the main things that it seemed like we were teaching this week is our true identity. Sometimes it's hard to remember amongst all of the craziness in the world is our true identity: children of our loving Heavenly Father. I love that knowledge and I am so grateful for it. It has given me so much meaning and purpose in my life.  President Gordon B. Hinkley taught: “You are second to none. You are daughters [and sons] of God. There has come to you as your birthright something beautiful and sacred and divine. Never forget that. Your Eternal Father is the great Master of the universe. He rules over all, but He also will listen to your prayers as His daughter [and His sons] and hear you as you speak with Him. He will answer your prayers. He will not leave you alone” (“Stay on the High Road,” Liahona and Ensign, May 2004, 112).   I know that's true and I know that He will always answer our prayers because He loves us so much.
           I hope you all have a wonderful week and remember that you're all children of our Loving Heavenly Father! I love you all a ton, but more importantly Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ love you all soooo much.
Love,
Hermana Duvall
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission

Wildung Alfalfa Mill reminded me of my dad:"I’m sad that I wasn't able to find one that said "buckwheat" but it made me laugh and think of you daddyo!! 
I love you so much. Yo da best!"








No comments:

Post a Comment