Monday, December 19, 2016

19 December 2016 - Merry Christmas from Minnesota!!!

¡Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Primero, FELIZ NAVIDAD! I hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas, and that it is filled with lots of happiness and gratitude! I am so grateful for Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent His son, Jesus Christ, here to earth to be the light of the world. So it got sooo much colder here this week. I left my water bottle in the car for less than an hour and when I got back in the car it was completely FROZEN!

It was cool but I was really thirsty. I've never understood why people say that when it gets below -20 degrees it hurts to breath, but now I know what they mean. Yayyy. This week has been a fun learning week of how to layer and stay warm. Church was cancelled yesterday because of how cold it was. Our ward Christmas party was also cancelled due to the weather. We were kind of sad because we had some investigators planning on coming, but that's okay! It gave us more time to be out working. :)

We met with the wonderful Hernandez family (Ellie y Jose) again this week! They fasted for the first time last week, and they had some cool stories to tell us. They both felt quite accomplished and they are excited for the next fast Sunday! They have gotten to the point where missionaries have taught basically all of the lessons with them. So we are going to continue to visit it them and help them in areas they need to continue to prepare for baptism.

Because the Christmas party was cancelled we were able to go and teach Sergio and Natali! When we first got there, they offered us coffee because we just looked so cold haha. We were able to teach them about the word of wisdom and the blessings of living this commandment. Then they were asking if we had evidence to prove that Jesus Christ came to the Americas. So, we were able to teach them about the Book of Mormon. Sergio had already be taught in the past about it by other missionaries; however, Natali was just soaking in everything that we were saying. They both are going to read the Book of Mormon this week and pray about to see if it's the word of god; they are so excited! They even started watching the Restoration Movie right before we left their house. I love teaching them. Natali is just so humble and wants to learn the truth, and Sergio asks the most interesting questions.

We were able to teach Christian again this week! He asks a lot of really great questions every lesson that we have with him. During this lesson, he asked why there are so many churches and how he can figure out what church is really the Church of Jesus Christ! We were able to testify to him about Joseph Smith restoring the same Church that Jesus Christ established while He was on the earth. He found peace in hearing about the story of Joseph Smith; and, also know that we have Another Testament of Jesus Christ (The Book of Mormon) that can help us learn about Jesus Christ. He told us that he wouldn't have taken the Book of Mormon if he wasn't going to read it. He is looking for the path that is going to lead him in the right direction. He really has a desire to continue to learn more and more. I know that by reading the Book of Mormon and continuing on this path that he is on, that it is the path that will lead him to the most happiness!! This gospel has brought so much happiness into my life, and I am so grateful that I have this opportunity to help others find this light!

We had the chance to go Christmas Caroling this week!!! I LOVE christmas caroling, so it was so much fun for me. As the Minneapolis Zone, we joined together at a Senior Home down in Richfield and sang Christmas songs to those who live there! It was such a special experience. I love seeing how music can help people be so much happier. We also had the opportunity to go Christmas caroling with some of the youth in our ward, and that was a super fun experience as well! I love the ward that I am serving in. I am so grateful that I get to spend Christmas here with them this year!


I really loved the Christmas Devotional that we had a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to share a quote from Elder Bednar's talk:

"In every season of our lives, in all of the circumstances we may encounter, and in each challenge we may face, Jesus Christ is the light that dispels fear, provides assurance and direction, and engenders enduring peace and joy. Many of our memorable and enduring Christmas traditions include different kinds of lights—lights on trees, lights in and on our homes, candles on our tables.May the beautiful lights of every holiday season remind us of Him who is the source of all light."

I love this quote so much because it is so true! Jesus Christ is the Light that all of us need in our lives, and Christmas is a wonderful time of the year that we have to remember Him and to celebrate Him!!! I am so grateful for my savior Jesus Christ, and for the light that He has provided me in my life! I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to share this light with these people here in Minnesota!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas celebrating our Savior Jesus Christ! I love you all, but more importantly Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ love you all so much more!!!

Love,
Hermana Duvall
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission

Rudy and his daughter Rosario! Rosario was visiting from Guatemala this week so we got to meet her! We visit Rudy almost every week and read the Bible with him.

yay for cold and hot pizza 

Twelve Days of Christmas








No comments:

Post a Comment